Personal Statement

A yellow poppy stands for success and happiness, that is what I intend to have.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pufferbelly Depot, Adaptive Reuse



The adaptive reuse of the Pufferbelly Train Station has been by far my favorite design. Throughout the design process I was able to get a firm grasp on my concept which made it easy in the end to complete a residence, studio and gallery space that had a cohesive design. Beginning with an inspirational photo that turned into a pattern and then a spatial influencer, I am very happy with how the end product turned out. I have found out many of my design preferences throughout this process such as straight and geometric floor plans mixed with an eclectic style of furnishings and architectural elements such as columns and coffered ceilings. It seems to give a little to all preferences, those who like the frills and those who appreciate simple and geometric design. After a gruelingly long time spent in the studio to finish, I feel so gratified when I look at all the work I have done and how it all turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment